The original version of this was about a lovely mindfulness moment I had at work and how important it was to detach and really focus on one thing at a time and let your brain chill blah blah blah – and then my job crapped all over that with a really well-timed joke of a helltask and I went home in a total rage. Contemplative moment of lovely crunchiness well and truly evaporated.
July update take 2:
- Original post tldr: I had a super nice and inspirational mindfulness moment inspired by a k-pop song (I know, but I’m serious!). It lasted perhaps an hour then was mercilessly crushed. If you’re in a position to take a step back from social media/work/stimuli and allow your brain to take a break, I highly recommend it (just not at work).
- Life logistics are happening. Trips and organising stuff around said trips and figuring out next life/career step when not organising stuff around said trips. It’s tiring but good.
- All the Sterek fanfic has inspired me to start watching Teen Wolf. So far the best thing about it is this song from the first few minutes of season 1 ep 6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4up7sPot7Y0
- I’m also majorly marathoning Supernatural with a friend. This is proving awesome. Watching stuff six years after it hit peak popularity is kind of weird, because I already know pertinent things about the characters, but I also don’t know the full history of the characters or why certain things are important. Let’s just say Castiel is my fave, I ugly-cried when [spoiler involving Jo and Ellen] happened, and pretty much every episode involves me saying “Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn” for, uh, reasons.
- Is it just me or is there a lot of . . . discourse happening? Of a certain type? Around a certain topic? Moreso than usual? Across multiple platforms? At once? I don’t like getting involved (I operate from a general stance of What The Fuck Do I Know), but I’m seeing and reading things and shaking/nodding my head a lot. It feels like it’s building up to something, but maybe people are just going nuts with conversations about the conversation. I’m probably overthinking things. Oh my god this is so vague and unhelpful but whatever.
- I’ve started writing again. Just a small scribble of a thing, but it’s proving different and fun. I’ve also outlined a few other ideas. It all feels exciting, but new projects always do.
- Am staring at a dairy-free posset marketed as “full of liberating deliciousness” and wondering wtf does that even mean. I just wanna eat a posset that doesn’t make me gassy – I guess the lack of dairy is liberating me from that?
- Reading outside of the romance genre right now (at the time of writing, am reading The Howling Miller by Finnish author Arto Paasilinna). However, my TBR keeps building as preorders arrive and it’s gonna be amazing to wade back in. Got some excellent stuff lined up.
That’s it. I’m trucking along. Hope everyone else is too.
This was the k-pop song, in case anyone’s interested (and it’s no musical masterpiece, believe me): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idg_wwO9Ejs