Once again, I’m officially between jobs. I was going to write a separate post about this, but, well, things happened, and I don’t want to write anything at the moment. Basically, I was headhunted for another job, in Switzerland, and will be starting that in April. So goodbye grand plan to settle in Amsterdam, hello plan to settle in Switzerland.
I have 3.5 days left in Amsterdam and about a million things to do. Today was spent making a spreadsheet of bank accounts (mostly detailing all the separate fees for accounts and credit cards, joy of joys) and emailing people about how the hell to open a Swiss account when there’s an Easter weekend happening and banks are only open during work hours and no permanent address yet and no work permit received either. Multiple hours just to establish which banks to approach and that I’ll have to do it once I’m there, in receipt of all required paperwork and after starting my new job. Marvellous. According to my Dutch flatmate, I’m also apparently supposed to de-register with Amsterdam city government, despite that not being said anywhere in their registration guidance, argh. (Her in typical cheerful Dutch fashion: “Don’t worry! There’s still time.” -__- sure.) I’m trusting things will work out one way or another.
At least the weather’s better.
- Just watched Kenneth Branagh’s Much Ado About Nothing. I think the Wyndham Theatre’s production is more to my millennial tastes (David Tennant and Catherine Tate FTW 5eva). Don’t know what Branagh was thinking casting Keanu Reeves, of all people, as Don John. The comedy relief was appreciated though.
- Had a monstrous cold. All energy gone.
- Not writing. Hardly inclined to. Christ almighty, this month.
- My to-do list is too long for me to be writing this post. Naturally, that’s probably why I’m doing it.
- A tinge of homesickness hit me for the first time today. I can’t remember the last time I felt that. Still undecided if it’s actually homesickness or just too much chocolate.
- Music: YEARS AND YEARS RELEASED ANOTHER SONG fuck yesssss (lyric video here, I still can’t decide which side of weird the official video is on); Marina and the Diamonds, FROOT, with particular love for Better Than That; best of the Backstreet Boys; and, fittingly, Lorde, Melodrama.