- my (romance) TBR is 0!!!!!!!!
- It has been YEARS! Naturally I want to buy more but I should finish writing a thing first. Do the whole incentivising schtick. Maybe.
- Summer weather is gorgeous and hot and I love it and one day people will mock the aperol spritz zeitgeist but I will tell them I lived through those days and they were days of fucking wonder and delight
- I did some minor updates on my site and blog. The biggest change is the individual TC book pages listed in this blog’s menu now direct to the book pages on my site. The pages are still active on the blog, to keep old links live, but I won’t be updating them any more.
- Besides writing and finishing off my TBR (0), I rewatched Avatar: The Last Airbender. It’s one of my favourite pieces of media ever, and every time I watch it, I’m reminded of how good in-depth storytelling can be. The scope of the story, the character development, Aang’s central conflict, the group dynamic, the jokes . . . all the love ❤
- Years & Years’ latest album! Omg. Listening to Palo Santo, it’s quite different from Confessions. I’m not sure how to articulate it. The album as a whole feels more pop-like without actually being pop? More restrained, more formulaic, but without falling into the trap of sameness. I don’t think there’s anything in the album with the swooning power of King or Memo or Ties (which are the songs that hooked me into the band) but maybe this is what development looks like in a band 😉 Still some great songs though! The album also feels sharper, more direct, more earthbound.
- My favourites from the Palo Santo album: All For You, Hypnotised, Rendezvous, Howl. Other music: Ocean Drive somehow still kills in 2018 (side note: why do people write the lyrics in comments on a lyric video?); I revisited a gem from earlier this year, a gem from last year, and a gem from last century.